Friday, April 2, 2010

International Children's Book Day

I absolutely adore children's book illustrations. Many of my faves are framed and hanging in my art room to provide vibrant pops of color and inspiration.  April 2nd is International Children's Book Day and there are so many great pieces out there using books and their pages so I decided to share some of them with you in honor of this fun "holiday".

The Poky Little Puppy purse from Ruby Lime Designs just makes me smile: http://www.rubylimedesign.blogspot.com/


La Petite Mort on Etsy has immortalized my absolute favorite character Curious George in this adorable piece of jewelry.  I just want to know if it is yellow in honor of the Man in the Yellow Hat?


Do you remember those Little Miss and Mr. books including Little Miss Sunshine, Mister Fickler, Mister Happy and my favorite Little Miss Chatterbox (my childhood nickname)? Although this necklace is technically for kids I am ordering mine and sporting it as an homage to the little girl who used to get in trouble for talking in class. 





No comments:

Post a Comment